[TCUG] Re: BT questions

  • From: "Fleckney, Kevan" <Kevan.Fleckney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:16:28 -0000

Phil

1.

I have nine radial circuits (one with a 3-junction multidrop) and one
multipoint circuit connected to a 64kbps kilostream link which terminates i=
the UTC instation at the Town Hall in Torquay. The interface between the
circuits and the kilostream is made in a remote instation cabinet. It works
very well, having spent only a couple of days down since 1999. The initial
cost of the cabinet will be quite high, but it is a reliable and easily
expandable platform.

2.

I normally order 2-wire circuits. A number of multidrops can be made from a
2-wire circuit.=20
A You could expect to pay =A397.50/qtr (=A3390 pa) for a 2-wire Analogue
Standard (Data) Circuit. Some of mine were installed in 1978 when the UTC
was installed (changed from TC8 to TC12 in 1999) and have worked without
problem.
Some of the older lines are also Analogue Standard (Speech) circuits, and a=
least one radiating from the Torquay instation is a Baseband Standard (EPS9=
)
2-wire circuit, for which you would pay about =A320 pa more.

You could expect to pay =A3177.50/qtr (=A3710 pa) for a four-wire Analogue
Premier circuit. Four-wire is quicker because replies can start being sent
to the instation before the end of the control pulse. It depends what is
being put on the line, but in my experience with simple SCOOT controlled
junctions, 2-wire works OK.

If a circuit crosses an exchange boundary, the cost will be significantly
higher.

Kevan Fleckney
Torbay Council.