[tccrockets] Re: Some suggestions on our web presence.

  • From: Chris Attebery <chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:06:23 -0700

The main differences that I see are:

1. I have to search for Tripoli Central California when I want to see the
TCC page. There isn't a quick link on the side bar like the other rocketry
groups I follow. I can also see when when someone posts to a group by
looking at the sidebar.

2. When I go to a group page I can see all of the posts to that group
immediately. On the TCC page you have to click on the "Posts to page" to
see other members posts. It's more obscure and less user friendly.

3. The NAR group has over 2500 members. I don't think we'll ever exceed
that.

From your link:

"Usually the main reason for having a Facebook Group is to have a place
where you *encourage discussion* among the members of the group.  Facebook
Groups are for community building within the members.  They are a great
place to have people ask questions that the group will discuss."

PNG image