[tccrockets] Nike-Nike smoke

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 19:43:27 -0700

Booster lit, drag separated, sustainer did not light and nose-cone ejected.

Still doing some forensics, but right now it's pretty clear that it failed
for three, completely ridiculous reasons: 1) I did not have the igniter
taped in, so it got yanked out on separation, (really felt like an ass when
I sat down on the tape in my pocket) 2) I forgot vent-holes so the baros
never saw apogee :(

All said and done, the rocket gods smiled on me, I lost a Nose-cone,
Marsa54, and a GPS-1 ... all of the rest of the airframe and most
importantly, the ISC are in working order.

I plant to fly it (correctly this time) at OS after some Blackrock
adventures.

Of course, I learned you can't be the TCC club President and be 5-9's
succesful with a complex rocket launch so next time, I will definitely be
recruiting some of y'all for review :-)