[tccrockets] Re: 1/2" rod

  • From: Ari Krupnik <ari@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:25:17 -0700

Thank you for your feedback guys.

Here's my 3" tuber flying off a 1/4" rod on a J500 last week. This rocket has 3/8" lugs, but the closest rod SARG had was 1/4".

Launch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzvBa_0QjzM
Deployment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tv_Va7OAhc
Onboard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbxlaXt3XYg

Ari.

On 4/18/13 11:43 PM, James Dougherty wrote:

Usially, she'll buck, and then crack your bird which will usually trash your
rocket with a K and above. you'll whip and fly sideways and zipper. unless it's
built to take it, like a saucer, but even that whips with a K454

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:54 PM, Jack Garibaldi <jackgaribaldi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder who flies 1/2" launch lugs on High Power vehicles, it is called rod
whip or use rail buttons. There might be one in there