[tcb] Re: the Hills

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:23:25 -0700 (PDT)

Well, if you could find some; and then get someone to install them; same
difference would be to change 4th gear or ring and pinion the next time you
rebuild the tranny; but then you are talking a lot more revs to go the same
speed just to get the up hill power.  It's a bus.  Unless you want to do what
Denis did; lower it, straight axle in the rear with freeway flyer and a 2 liter
motor; but then you don't have a bus, you have a customized something or other
(uh I didn't say that Denis.)

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:        Personally I don't mind running slow
up the hills. It is more of a safety issue.  When you are going 20 miles less
than posted speed limits it can be dangerous.  And I worry about the engine
being under that much stress if it is a long climb.

Any word on alpine gears?

Jeff (atx_bus)
66 So-42
67 sportsmobile camper