[tcb] Re: the Hills

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:38:59 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Cubic Inches require Cubic Dollars.

Downshift and enjoy it.  If and when you want to upgrade there's a couple of simple options:

1) Dual Port Heads/34 Pict 3 (< $200 for parts on the *used* market)
2) Upgrade the cam to increase low/midrange breathing.

I agree with Sammie though it's a bus.  Downshift and enjoy.  You also have to remember that running at higher revs (don't blow it up) pushes more cooling air over the engine so when you're under load (going up hills, etc.) it's better to keep that cooling air moving as fast as possible.  If you lug it down, the fan goes slower and you compound the problem (more heat demand + lower cooling air speed/volume) giving you headaches down the road.