[tcb] Re: new project

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:07:56 -0700 (PDT)

how much?
-jeff

----- Original Message ----
From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 5, 2008 11:35:39 AM
Subject: [tcb] new project

New project is to get the 51 split engine installed and get it out of my
driveway.  Has been sitting in my drive way under a cover since I started the
Bakery Bus.  Remove old engine: done.  Clean up engine compartment and
replace/renew old wiring and do some body work on the rear, in process.  The PO
thought he was doing a great thing when he coated the inside of the entire
engine compartment with spray-on bed liner.  Ugh, ever tried to remove this
stuff!  Only thing I have been able to come up with is a lot of scraping.  Got
most of it done.  When engine compartment is clean and body work and wiring
done it gets the Lyle Cherry engine that was in the Baja.  And it will be for
sale if anyone knows anyone looking for a cal-look standard split on a 65
chasis.  Would sell as is if anyone wants to come up with the money now.

http://www.texasairheads.com/a%20sammie%20smith%20split1.JPG

Be a better friend, newshound, and