[tcb] Re: hey ya'll brake question

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

OK Steve:  Somewhere in the process of going through all my e-mails for the day
I lost yours on what all you had done to the brakes.  But, basically do what
Denis said.  But you do not have to have a lift.

If you put on a new master cylinder did you bench blead it?  I always do.  If
you didn't you can bench bleed it while installed by removing the brake light
sender, having someone depress the pedal. place you finger over the hole, let
them release the pedal, repeat.  Do this a couple of times and you will have
the MC bled.  Order of bleeding brakes is right rear, left rear, right front,
left front.  Also, make sure the resevoir always has fluid.  Don't let it run
dry while bleeding.

That's all I can add to what Denis said.  Other than that you may have the
problem with cylinders as mentioned.  I have gotten cylinders before that the
line would not seat in.  But in my case they would leak fluid; but if they are
the problem they may just be sucking enough air in that you never get fluid to
them in the first place.