[tcb] Re: Sheet Metal

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:29:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Ronnie, theres several 71's at Wilson's in
Oklahoma with good sheet metal...just need a battery
powered sawsall (no power out there)...
--- Ronnie Hughes <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey gang,
> It's time for me to start ordering some sheet metal
> for Sparky.  I need a battery tray, both rear fender
> wells, the rear corner by the battery and probably
> rockers.  Not sure if I will just repair the front
> inner wheelwells or order replacement sheet metal.
>
> Where's the best place to buy sheet metal?  Does
> anyone in the States rep Alan Scholfield?  I've
> heard they have the heaviest gauge replacement
> metal.
>
> My bus is a 1971.  Some of the VW suppliers that
> have sheet metal don't include '71 in their charts.
> I've heard that '71 on fit the rear fender wells.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Ronnie

=====
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://vote.yahoo.com