[tcb] Sheet Metal

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:58:17 -0500

Hey gang,
It's time for me to start ordering some sheet metal for Sparky.  I need a
battery tray, both rear fender wells, the rear corner by the battery and
probably rockers.  Not sure if I will just repair the front inner wheelwells or
order replacement sheet metal.

Where's the best place to buy sheet metal?  Does anyone in the States rep Alan
Scholfield?  I've heard they have the heaviest gauge replacement metal.

My bus is a 1971.  Some of the VW suppliers that have sheet metal don't include
'71 in their charts.  I've heard that '71 on fit the rear fender wells.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ronnie