[tcb] Re: Sheet Metal

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:49:01 -0500

Ronnie , I replaced quit a bit of steel on Murray (my bus name) and I bought
more from Wolfsburg West than would if I had it to do over again. I don't
know where you are located, but I would say your first step should be to
find a donor bus. Forgive me Bay owners, I don't mean this as a slam, but
there are alot more post '67 busses than pre-'67s and it should not be too
hard to let your fingers do the walking and find a boneyard or a cheap bus
to part out. Ask Dan, he was looking for a parts bus and ended up with a
better bus. Buy a 18volt De Walt sawsall and a bunch of blades and have fun.

Flat steel can be bought in small sheets easily, even Home Depot has some
thicker stock. Rocker panels are sold in long full pieces and I only ended
up using a couple of feet and gave away the rest.

So, I guess my point is not to buy new until you know that you can't find
what you need used.

I hope I helped you.