[tcb] Re: Rain X

  • From: Neil the VWDUDE <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 05:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

My speedo is off, when I'm doin' 60, it reads 70...so,
in my mind, I'm doin' 70 ;)...but, the motor seems to
like 60 better'n 70, with gas and oil consumption
(sweet little 1641 that it is)...
When I have to (and there's an ever so slight
incline), she'll go 80, but not for long!
--- Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do about 70 on the highway...and stay in the
> middle so I'm real noticable
> and no one plows me off the road. It's almost like
> being a rock in the
> middle of a stream as the water flows around you
> hahaha.
>
> -Shelby
>

> On 7/31/07, Brian Denning
> <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > me and neil did like 55-60 on I-40...try doing
> that and see how quickly
> > you
> > get blown off the road.
> >

> > >From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
> > >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [tcb] Rain X
> > >Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:14:05 -0700
> > >
> > >I put Rain X on my windshield before we left. We
> hit some torrential rain
> > >in Eastern Arkansas Sunday that forced most
> everyone off the road - we
> > >plowed past everybody that had passed us in the
> last 5 miles. That was
> > fun!
> > >Of course they would pass us again 30 minutes
> later, but I bet they were
> > >thinking how we did that.
> > >
> > >I-40 and I-65 are not VW friendly roads. I'm
> averaging 75 and am the
> > slower
> > >vehicle on the road. If you've never done the
> Natchez Trace parkway,
> > >definitely a better Southern option if you have
> the time. I think we're
> > >going to come down from Cincinnati (where we are
> right now) through
> > Indiana
> > >and Missouri. I did alright in my '85 Vanagon the
> last time I came
> > through
> > >there.

http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtextlinkjuly07

"You've got to love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass!"

-- Frank Sinatra

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC