[tcb] Rain X

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:14:05 -0700

I put Rain X on my windshield before we left. We hit some torrential rain in
Eastern Arkansas Sunday that forced most everyone off the road - we plowed past
everybody that had passed us in the last 5 miles. That was fun! Of course they
would pass us again 30 minutes later, but I bet they were thinking how we did
that.

I-40 and I-65 are not VW friendly roads. I'm averaging 75 and am the slower
vehicle on the road. If you've never done the Natchez Trace parkway, definitely
a better Southern option if you have the time. I think we're going to come down
from Cincinnati (where we are right now) through Indiana and Missouri. I did
alright in my '85 Vanagon the last time I came through there.