[tcb] Re: Oh Longview......trip report.

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

Longveiw was a good show,great weather nice folks and
good chop beef sammiches.I was setting around Fri day
night thinking I was going to the sprint car races in
Waco or stay home sat,, and clean the back yard,and Go
to Killeen on sat for a free test ride on a Buhl (HD)
motorcycle , I read Dan s Email abot longveiw which I
was about to go to Lufkin also, (boy would I have been
mad at myself) .Fri night at 10:00pm I headed toward
Longveiw. midnight I,m going through Malikoff about
100 miles from home and about 20 miles from Athens
where I wanted to spwend the night ,out in the middle
of no where comes these beutiful red flashing lights
in the mirror, the nice officer said I had touched the
white line, Then he asked to look at the truck and
wanted to see the engine , I ask him if I was going to
get a ticket and he said no he just wanted to look at
the truck, and ask if I could stay there for
30minuites till his brother could come out and see it
, I said I was really tired and needed to get to
Athens , He said pk he would show his brother the
police video, .Spent the nite in the La Donna motel
,and woke up at 7 am and headed towards Longview ,
Nice show ,two splits (sc and dc) several bay windows
also , cruised back to Corsicana with Norris and Larry
Moore, Got home about 10:30 , Got up Sunday 5am and
picked bob and went to Boerne for the vosa show , nice
show on the square in Borne , Got home about six 30ish
, Had a really great vw week end ,saw Trey in Borne
and Patrick who was at T AT THE P , And told him about
the list so I hope he signs up ,really nice guy ,
Still don't know what I like best ,the beutiful pines
or the hill country.Hope to see everyone in Austin
won't be able to make Ft, Worth .

=====
Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone