[tcb] Re: Oh Longview......trip report.

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:16:10 -0500

I can believe you got pulled over.
Every time we go anywhere lately we more people pulled over.
I have noticed a lot of "interstate stops" [where they make the people
stand outside the car and search it]
I guess that is what you get for driving a "crackwagon" these days!
I can't believe you did not wait a half a hour while his brother drove
out to see it!

On Oct 17, 2004, at 7:56 PM, singlecabboy wrote:

> Longveiw was a good show,great weather nice folks and
> good chop beef sammiches.I was setting around Fri day
> night thinking I was going to the sprint car races in
> Waco or stay home sat,, and clean the back yard,and Go
> to Killeen on sat for a free test ride on a Buhl (HD)
> motorcycle , I read Dan s Email abot longveiw which I
> was about to go to Lufkin also, (boy would I have been
> mad at myself) .Fri night at 10:00pm I headed toward
> Longveiw. midnight I,m going through Malikoff about
> 100 miles from home and about 20 miles from Athens
> where I wanted to spwend the night ,out in the middle
> of no where comes these beutiful red flashing lights
> in the mirror, the nice officer said I had touched the
> white line, Then he asked to look at the truck and
> wanted to see the engine , I ask him if I was going to
> get a ticket and he said no he just wanted to look at
> the truck, and ask if I could stay there for
> 30minuites till his brother could come out and see it
> , I said I was really tired and needed to get to
> Athens , He said pk he would show his brother the
> police video, .Spent the nite in the La Donna motel
> ,and woke up at 7 am and headed towards Longview ,
> Nice show ,two splits (sc and dc) several bay windows
> also , cruised back to Corsicana with Norris and Larry
> Moore, Got home about 10:30 , Got up Sunday 5am and
> picked bob and went to Boerne for the vosa show , nice
> show on the square in Borne , Got home about six 30ish
> , Had a really great vw week end ,saw Trey in Borne
> and Patrick who was at T AT THE P , And told him about
> the list so I hope he signs up ,really nice guy ,
> Still don't know what I like best ,the beutiful pines
> or the hill country.Hope to see everyone in Austin
> won't be able to make Ft, Worth .
>

> =====
> Paul Smith
> www.23window.com/thezone