[tcb] Re: Engine missing

  • From: Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:09:54 -0400

Thanks Sammie and Alma Jo,

  I think it was a bad distributor. After a minute the motor just died. I've got power to the cap from the rotor, but no farther. I pulled the distributor out. The shaft that the rotor mounts on top of can be pulled out and in about a 1/4-3/8" with a "click". I don't think it is supposed to do that, I suspect that it dropped down away from the cap and the rotor lost its connection to the cap. I don't have another distributor to try, but it looks like I will get one next week. On the bright side I have a pointless ignition for a 009 that I won at the BBB raffle.

This bus has been in pieces for many years and probably hasn't been on the road for 20+ years. I was hoping that would happen this weekend :(

Todd
'55 Euro Wolfsburg Kombi

Best guess quick response:  Distributor cap.  Pop a 009 that you know that
works in there and see what happens.