[tcb] Engine missing

  • From: Todd and Lisa Prigmore <prigmores@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:36:46 -0400

It's not really "missing", I know where it is. Newly rebuilt for the 2nd time and installed in the back of my bus.  1600 singleport with dual vac adv dist and a new Solex 30 pic.

I was hoping to get it running in time for the Nac show yesterday but it is only running on #3 and #1. When I lift each wire from the cap while running they all have good spark. #4 and #2 make no change to the idle when taken off. I thought I may have installed the dist drive 180 off so I rotated the cap 180 (really just moved the wires, but you get the point). Results- it runs on #4 and #2 only. I double check TDC at #1 cylinder and it appears that the Dist drive was set correctly. Also it runs best at maybe 25 degrees advance.

Any ideas? Anyone wanna come over to Kingwood and take a look today? (Free beer).

Todd

P.S.- check out the resurrection of our bus on my face book page- shoot a friend request to "Todd Prigmore".