[tcb] Re: Confused and Curious

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

I watched some forums showing the build of this bus and some other really low
vw's.  A lot of them narrow the beam as much as 8" to get them that low and
tucked.  After narrowing 4" or more the springs become so stiff that the need
for shocks is minimized and there isn't any space for them anyway.  The ride
quality is bad enough that shocks wouldn't help anyway.  For the ultimate in
low busses search for the KCW dumped pumpkin.  It is tubbed and the tie rods
run through pipes welded through the frame.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  not to mention raising the
wheel wells.

http://mail.yahoo.com