[tcb] Re: Checked Fuel Pressue tonight!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 18:42:28 -0700 (PDT)

Well, if you have more than one gasket top and bottom of the fuel pump stand
you can remove the extras down to one.  Only other suggestion I have is a new
fuel pump or try to block sand down the plastic/bakelite fuel pump stand
slightly so that you get more throw to the fuel pump.  Haven't heard of this
being a problem before but you might measure the fuel pump actuating rod
compared to a new one and see if it has worn down some of the length over time.
 For the cost and effort, I think I would just slap on a new fuel pump and keep
the old one as an emergency spare.

Trey Jung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          I checked my fuel pressure and
it read 2.5 psi.... it did not move at all when I revved the engine....this is
on a 1600DP stock engine....

  It's lower than the Bentley specs which are between 3.0 and 5.0 psi....

  Suggestions?

  BTW, this is the original fuel pump in my 71 Westy. I did pop the top off
about a month and cleaned the screen in it.

  Trey