[tcb] Re: Batteries (again)

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:39:43 -0500

are you serious??? did i read that right $275 for a car battery???

guess i'm a cheapo. my duralast powers my radio for 2 days constant with quick
start up after that...why would you need to spend that kind of money on a car
battery???

ridiculous in my book...i have better things to buy with that kind of
money...sorry, just my .02> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 19:12:50 -0500> From:
gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Batteries
(again)> > OK, these are bigger than the orange ones.> > 134 amp hour at the 20
hour rate, 122 amp hour at the 10 hour rate.> > The orange batteries were rated
at 92 amp hour but I don't remember if > it was at the 10 or 20 hour rate.> >
These sell for $350 - $475 from discount retailers --- plus shipping for > a
100 lb battery so add another $50 - $75 for ground shipping to that price.> >
They are a 10 year constant cycle design that should last 15+ years only >
being cycled a handful of times per year. This batch is manufacture > dated
2004 and newer and they were pulled from service in late > 2007/early 2008.
Once again, these were used in telecommunications as > backup batteries and
were probably only cycled once or twice during > their online life. All of them
are tested prior to shipping them to me.> > I've been putting money back to buy
more batteries -- but, here's the > catch, I can only afford 7 or 8 of these to
put in the UPS's here at the > office. This is a warehouse pallet sale and they
MUST be purchased in > lots of 16.> > I have to pre-sell at least 8 of these at
$275 each then max out my > credit card (putting money back means not running
the card up <grin>).> Shipping to TCB buyers will have to be by TCB express.> >
If I can sell 7 I can probably eat the extra $275 for a while if there's > a
late buyer, or, knowing me, I'll end up finding a use for the extra.> > The
ones I sell have to be prepaid sales. I just don't have the cash or > credit to
be an entrepreneur on this one.> > Anyone interested let me know. If there is
enough interest we'll start > figuring out how to get the money into my bank
account.> > These are, of course, on a first come basis by my contact so
depending > on who else he's talking to these could be gone tomorrow, or still
in > the warehouse in a month. Speed would be a good idea though.> > Thanks,> >
Gerald>