[tcb] Re: Batteries (again)

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:52:33 -0500

coffee from a perculator tastes much better> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:42:15
-0500> From: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [tcb] Re:
Batteries (again)> > Come on people step up!> You know you need one.> Coffee in
the morning from a real live coffee maker.> You can even run a small microwave
oven on one.> > Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:>> OK, these are bigger than the
orange ones.>>>> 134 amp hour at the 20 hour rate, 122 amp hour at the 10 hour
rate.>>>> The orange batteries were rated at 92 amp hour but I don't remember
if>> it was at the 10 or 20 hour rate.>>>> These sell for $350 - $475 from
discount retailers --- plus shipping>> for a 100 lb battery so add another $50
- $75 for ground shipping to>> that price.>>>> They are a 10 year constant
cycle design that should last 15+ years>> only being cycled a handful of times
per year. This batch is>> manufacture dated 2004 and newer and they were pulled
from service in>> late 2007/early 2008. Once again, these were used in>>
telecommunications as backup batteries and were probably only cycled>> once or
twice during their online life. All of them are tested prior>> to shipping them
to me.>>>> I've been putting money back to buy more batteries -- but, here's
the>> catch, I can only afford 7 or 8 of these to put in the UPS's here at>>
the office. This is a warehouse pallet sale and they MUST be purchased>> in
lots of 16.>>>> I have to pre-sell at least 8 of these at $275 each then max
out my>> credit card (putting money back means not running the card up
<grin>).>> Shipping to TCB buyers will have to be by TCB express.>>>> If I can
sell 7 I can probably eat the extra $275 for a while if>> there's a late buyer,
or, knowing me, I'll end up finding a use for>> the extra.>>>> The ones I sell
have to be prepaid sales. I just don't have the cash >> or credit to be an
entrepreneur on this one.>>>> Anyone interested let me know. If there is enough
interest we'll start>> figuring out how to get the money into my bank
account.>>>> These are, of course, on a first come basis by my contact so
depending>> on who else he's talking to these could be gone tomorrow, or still
in>> the warehouse in a month. Speed would be a good idea though.>>>>
Thanks,>>>> Gerald>>>>>>> > >
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.