[tcb] Bad news today

  • From: Jeff Bednar <coitspoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:43:22 -0700 (PDT)

So i'm driving my bug today and i'm in the left turn lane and this guy who was
pulled out to far in to the intersection desided to back up instead of drive
forward backed up right into the front of my bug, i had the bumper off so it
pushed in the hood and front apron in. The guy waved at me and drove off, i
chased him and made him pull over, this 180 year old man gets out and goes "did
i do that?"
I take down his insurance and number and he leaves, i get home and call his
insurance company, they told me his insurance had lapsed. So i call the guy and
now he says he forgot to make the payment and he'll write me a check for the
damage. Only good news is he drives a jag and lives in a $350,000 dollar house.
Keep your fingers crossed, i got a quote for $5500 for a complete paint job
because you cant match the paint.
I'll keep you posted.
Also - any great bug body shops in dallas that ya'll would recommend? I talked
to J & J VW in Trenton today for the quote.
Thanks,
Jeff