[tcb] Re: BBB

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:51:19 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:12:38 -0700 <Trey.Jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone on the TCB list  going to BBB..... Jan 14th-16th Lake Havasu
> City, AZ
>
> Trey Jung

I am going.

My plans about how the trip will be made are subject to change right up to
yje weekend of the 8th. I will be off from the 10th to the 20th or 21st (10
or 11 days). Regardless of *HOW* I go, I will be going. 4th year for me.

1. The Rivi *still* isn't running. I haven't touched it (except to tow it
two shows <grin>) since I got the engine/tranny bolted in back in August.

2. I am working out details to buy a VW Rabbit Vert  that is in Huntington
Beach, CA -- near L.A. I need another vehicle that can definitely be used
as a daily driver so I can let my Dad have one. Figured I'd stick with
older VW's and the Rabbit sounds like fun.

If the deal on the Rabbit works out I will have to find an extra driver who
can travel with me to drive the Rabbit back whether the Rivi is running or
not.

If I don't find a driver I will have to take the Chevy and a trailer -- no
Rivi. Period.

If I find a driver and the Rivi is running we'll travel in the Rivi over
there and drive separate vehicles back.

If I find a driver and the Rivi is NOT running -- I'll tow it again. It
works pretty good as a (VERY heavy) pul behind trailer. Same driving deal,
together in the Chevy (with Rivi) going over and separate vehicles coming
back.

Gerald