[talks-uk] N86 E-mail Setup Successful

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:41:27 +0100

Hi,

For those that are interested, here's how I got e-mail working on my N86.

I first set up and configured an account with Nokia Messaging.  I then
manually added the details online for my own hosted IMAP account.
I then tried to download the messaging software from my phone.  The download
completed, I was told an earlier version needed to be uninstalled, and then
was told all was OK.  Honestly, it was too fast for a proper uninstall so
I'm not too sure what happened.
I then clicked on the home screen to set up a new mailbox.
I was prompted for e-mail address, then for the manual settings.  I
configured everything as on my N95 8GB with the exception of using WiFi as
the access point.
After this all went well and I could see my e-mail within Nokia Messaging.

I then did almost exactly the same for another account, without the online
setup part.  This time I once again had to enter manual settings.  All went
well, but instead of the mailbox appearing as a separate folder under
Messaging, it's on a separate tab when I enter my main account.  Note the
second account has not appeared within my Nokia Messaging account online, so
I'm pretty sure the second account is not tied to that.

HTH, and I'll try to answer any questions I can if you have any further
queries.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,