TalkSerotek: Re: avg

  • From: Michael Russillo <petlonann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:18:02 -0400

Hi Gail, Michael Russillo here, and I'm a Vista Home Premium user with System Access. That dialog you mentioned asks you to press Alt-C to allow the program to install. That's Alt and th eletter C at the same time. I learned that from Brian Keveleghan when I got System Access and went to Vista after using Win 98 for ages. Vista as you may know is big on security, namely, the User Account Control kicks in and wants permission to install any software, so if your daughter's machine is Vista be sure to press Alt C when that dialog comes up, and then you should be good to go. Please let us know if this helps, and of course call tech support if things still don't work.

Peter

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/