TalkSerotek: Re: adding from address book

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:29:49 -0400

Hi all,

I was going to reply privately to Joe, but now I see that this is bad because there are other people who are having the same trouble. Therefore, I will list the steps which need to be followed in order to accomplish this task.

Before doing so, however, I will say that unless you need to add an address to your CC field or your BCC field when replying, you do not need to add any address, as the address has already been added for you by the program itself.

Now here are the steps you need to add addresses from your address book to your email. If anyone wants more detailed help, please call me or write me.

1.  Go to the email menu.

2.  Choose the number 1 choice, send an email.

3. You will be plunked in the page where you choose a link to send a text or a voice message. Let us assume you have chosen to send a text message by pressing enter on the link with that name.

4. Once you have pressed enter, you will be taken to the email form where you will be placed in the 'to' field of this form. Because you do not want to write in the address of your recipient, press shift-tab once. This will land you on the button that is for adding recipients from your address book. Press the spacebar. It's a button, press the spacebar.

5. You will be placed at the beginning of the address page. Note, it is very important that you tell your computer to shut up immediately! Why? Because SA scrolls the cursor while it is reading aloud to you, and therefore, you will lose your place if you do not tell it to shut up. Press the ctrl key to do this. If you find yourself lost, pressing ctrl-home will get you back to the top of the page.

6. Arrow down to the list of addressees in your address book. All you need to do is land on the addressee's name. This will tell the computer that you want this person to be added to your email.

7. tab once. this will land you on the combo box for adding the addressee to your email. This box is opened by simply pressing the down arrow, or by pressing the letter of the field to which you want the addressee added. For example, if you want to add this person to the 'to:' field, press the letter t when you land on this control. If you want to add to the CC field press the letter c. and so on.

8. tab again once. This will land you on the 'add' button. Press the spacebar. It's a button press the spacebar.

9. This will result in your being plunked back at the top of the email address page. The program does this because it isn't sure if you are through adding addresses to your email message or not. Tab down to return to message button. Press the spacebar, it's a button.

10. Now you are at the top of the email form again. Tab down to your subject and the body of your message to continue composing your missive.

Man, maybe I oughta write a tutorial on this, eh?   Hmmmmm, wheels are turning.

HTH,
Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

Subscribe/Unsubscribe: //freelists.org/list/talk-serotek
or by sending a message to talk-serotek-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in
the subject line, or unsubscribe in the subject line.

Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/