[suncommunity] Re: dual monitor on blade 150

  • From: Alan Coopersmith <alanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:28:40 -0700

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:53:42PM +0100, support@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have physically installed a second video adapter (ATI Radeon 7500)...
> By the way the radeon does not have to stay...I can get any kind that
> you all recommend.
> At bootup I Stop-A and show-displays .. . . .  It only shows the
> integrated card.

If you want to see it at show-displays, it needs to support OpenFirmware
instead of PC BIOS, which rules out virtually all non-Sun graphics cards.
You might be able to get an ATI Radeon 7500ME (Mac Edition) to work, since
Macs also use OpenFirmware, and the XVR-100 card is based on the 7500ME so
the driver might work with it.  (I've never tried, this is just speculation.)

Alan Coopersmith                              alanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/       aka: Alan.Coopersmith@xxxxxxx