[suncommunity] SUN DHCP Server issue

  • From: E-One <kurch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sun Community Forum <suncommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 01:54:07 +0100

This message was sent from: Sun Community Forum.
<http://www.gekkou.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=1&i=499&t=499>

I have installed Sun Solaris 8 on SUNFire 380 and running DHCP Service.

My clients are running various O/S, Win98, Win2K, WinNT, DOS Client, and
Winterm (Thin Client).  All Windows O/S can obtain IP address from SUN DHCP
Server but for MS-DOS client and old type of Winterm are not able to.  If I
am using Microsoft DHCP Server, all clients are able to obtain IP address
from it.  I am afraid that there is missing parameter that need to enable
because I am using a default configuration on SUN DHCP.

The error messages are:
1. Request is missing requested IP option
2. For the DOS Client: SUN DHCP always gives DHCP NAK (Negative Acknowledge)
with reason REQUEST: invalid configuration on network 10.186.32.0

Please advise. Thank you.

Sent using Phorum software version 3.3.2c <http://phorum.org>