[studiorecorder] splitting files into tracks

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 08:55:03 -0700

Larry,

I saw a message about this a few weeks ago, but it's hard to describe how to do it except to be fairly general. My method is quite tedious. Open up a blank second document, select the first track from the main file, and copy the track into the empty document, then save the track with a name that will distinguish it from the other tracks. Then select the next track, put into an empty document, or the same one you used for the first track except be sure the previous contents are cleared out of it, then save that new track in its own file. It will take quite a lot of tedious work to get all thirty-one tracks done.

There are probably better ways to split things up; I recall using some software that ran on XP but I don't know if it would work on newer versions of Windows.

Other editing software might let you drop track marks into your file, but I only use Studio Recorder, so can't help with Goldwave or Sound Forge or other software.

Mary