[studiorecorder] Re: Latest Beta

  • From: "Dick G. Wamser" <snapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:00:28 -0700

Hello.  I  had downloaded the Beta of Studio Recorder at least two weeks ago by
first signing up for this email list as requested in the beta procedure.  This
is the first email I have received and I was wondering if I had neglected to do
something which was preventing emails from coming.

I cannot answer the question directly as I have never used Studio Recorder
before.  It is a truly awesome program in many respects.  In saying this, I am
comparing it with Gold Wave versions 4.6 to 5.9.

My only problem with Studio Recorder is in cutting and pasting.  When the first
few cuts and pastes take place, everything is fine.  Especially if I am cutting
and pasting in the same file.  When I attempt to transfer material from one wav
file to another, I often get a message that the file types are not compatible.
If I reboot the computer and again launch Studio Recorder, the cut and paste
process again works well for a few cycles before the problem comes up again.
I'm using a 2,2 gig machine with windows XP, and a gig of ram and internal 80
meg hard drive with external 80 gig hard drive. Again, a most wonderful
product.  It is a pleasure working with you and it.
Dick, Donna, Clayton, Mizzy, Bart and Ginger