[studiorecorder] Re: Latest Beta

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:19:24 -0400

Hello:

I can explain your cut and paste problem. You can't paste the clipboard
into a document which is of a different format then the data on the
clipboard. So, if you have two files and one is stereo while the other
is mono, the paste will be rejected.

There is a neat little command on the Edit menu, Paste To New Window,
which always works for pasting the clipboard. It creates a window which
is the same format as the data on the clipboard, but it might not help
much in your situation.

Note that you might want to set your default wave format to the kind of
files you normally work with. For example, if your existing files are
all 44,100 16-bit stereo, you can configure Studio Recorder to use this
format for all new files by selecting Default Wave Format in the Options
menu. Then, you can paste multiple parts of your existing files into one
file in Studio Recorder.

Rob Meredith

>>> snapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/27/05 01:00PM >>>
Hello.  I  had downloaded the Beta of Studio Recorder at least two
weeks ago by first signing up for this email list as requested in the
beta procedure.  This is the first email I have received and I was
wondering if I had neglected to do something which was preventing emails
from coming.

I cannot answer the question directly as I have never used Studio
Recorder before.  It is a truly awesome program in many respects.  In
saying this, I am comparing it with Gold Wave versions 4.6 to 5.9.

My only problem with Studio Recorder is in cutting and pasting.  When
the first few cuts and pastes take place, everything is fine.
Especially if I am cutting and pasting in the same file.  When I attempt
to transfer material from one wav file to another, I often get a message
that the file types are not compatible.  If I reboot the computer and
again launch Studio Recorder, the cut and paste process again works well
for a few cycles before the problem comes up again.  I'm using a 2,2 gig
machine with windows XP, and a gig of ram and internal 80 meg hard drive
with external 80 gig hard drive. Again, a most wonderful product.  It is
a pleasure working with you and it.
Dick, Donna, Clayton, Mizzy, Bart and Ginger