[ssug-malappuram] Re: [MES-FSUG] Sunday the 27th Feb

  • From: "Manu Krishnan T.V" <tvmanukrishnan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:34:29 +0530

On Saturday 12 February 2011 07:41 PM, ck raju wrote:
A Developers Camp is being scheduled on 27 Feb at our college, a joint exercise by SMC, MES-FSUGers and Zyxware Technologies. Workshop camps like these are usually more of *hands-on* in nature, addressing real-world problems. With SMC-Zyxware the problems have an added dimension as they attempt to solve problems which a community closest to our hearts would cherish to use - they being linked to our native language - malayalam.

A previous such camp was organised at Vidya Academy in 29 November 2010, details of which can be found at http://wiki.smc.org.in/Developer_Camp/VAST and http://www.vidyaacademy.ac.in/?q=node/898

Lets make history by being there - right in the midst of similar problems and use our collective will in solving them. For the third years, this should be a golden opportunity to work with such problems as their Final Year projects or as their mini projects. Some of the known giants in Swatantra Malayalam Computing are expected to be around !!

Our workshop has been scheduled on a Sunday for facilitating students from all branches to participate without having to go under the mercy of duty leave etc from parent department. Multi-core computing lab will be made available for the workshop and if more number of participants request, we can think of requesting CSE department to have the Advanced Computing Lab to be made available.

Sir, being a Sunday, can we make it open to public too? It will be a nice opportunity to have a get together of the FOSS activists in the surroundings.

The FOSS activities at Malappuram is now somewhat limited to MES-FSUG. We must take some initiative to move it to a broader area.

Cheers,

--
CK Raju

--
Regards,
Tvm a.k.a Bizzard

* In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately *

Our IRC channel #mes-fsug at irc.freenode.net. Webpage for GNULabs @ MESCE is at http://gnulabs.org/mesce/
Wiki: http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Malappuram