[ssug-malappuram] [MES-FSUG] Sunday the 27th Feb

  • From: ck raju <ck.thrissur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:41:24 +0530

A Developers Camp is being scheduled on 27 Feb at our college, a joint
exercise by SMC, MES-FSUGers and Zyxware Technologies. Workshop camps like
these are usually more of *hands-on* in nature, addressing real-world
problems. With SMC-Zyxware the problems have an added dimension as they
attempt to solve problems which a community closest to our hearts would
cherish to use - they being linked to our native language - malayalam.

A previous such camp was organised at Vidya Academy in 29 November 2010,
details of which can be found at http://wiki.smc.org.in/Developer_Camp/VASTand
http://www.vidyaacademy.ac.in/?q=node/898

Lets make history by being there - right in the midst of similar problems
and use our collective will in solving them. For the third years, this
should be a golden opportunity to work with such problems as their Final
Year projects or as their mini projects. Some of the known giants in
Swatantra Malayalam Computing are expected to be around !!

Our workshop has been scheduled on a Sunday for facilitating students from
all branches to participate without having to go under the mercy of duty
leave etc from parent department. Multi-core computing lab will be made
available for the workshop and if more number of participants request, we
can think of requesting CSE department to have the Advanced Computing Lab to
be made available.

Cheers,

--
CK Raju