[soapcraft] Re: Pinetar Soap

  • From: Ross Spencer <galahad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 21:07:18 +1200

Adding an egg, huh?  Interesting.

From: soapcraft-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:soapcraft-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Liz Brook
Sent: Saturday, 15 May 2010 8:56 p.m.
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soapcraft] Re: Pinetar Soap

I think I had a false trace and poured too soon.

I soaped as cool as possible as recommended.  I added the pine tar to my
other oils and stick blended till is was all well mixed.  It might have been
the pine tar?  I purchased it from a horse products place and it says 100%
pine tar - it is quite thick, but liquid and pourable.  I got two bottles -
so I'm ready to go again!  It traces like nothing, and perhaps soaping so
cool, I was a bit nervous expecting soap on a stick and perhaps poured
sooner than I needed.

This time I found others that had had problems recomended adding an egg, and
had success - so I'm going to add in one our our girls eggs and see if that
helps bind everything together - and will also contribute to the feel of the
soap.

I'll report back in due course - success or failure!