[soapcraft] Re: Pinetar Soap

  • From: "Liz Brook" <liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:55:57 +1200

I think I had a false trace and poured too soon.

I soaped as cool as possible as recommended.  I added the pine tar to my other
oils and stick blended till is was all well mixed.  It might have been the pine
tar?  I purchased it from a horse products place and it says 100% pine tar - it
is quite thick, but liquid and pourable.  I got two bottles - so I'm ready to
go again!  It traces like nothing, and perhaps soaping so cool, I was a bit
nervous expecting soap on a stick and perhaps poured sooner than I needed.

This time I found others that had had problems recomended adding an egg, and
had success - so I'm going to add in one our our girls eggs and see if that
helps bind everything together - and will also contribute to the feel of the
soap.

I'll report back in due course - success or failure!