[soapcraft] Re: Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

  • From: Alison Griffiths <alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:54:41 +1200

Hi Krystal

There are 2 ways of getting the list. One is by emails - which you are doing. The other way, completely optional, is to log onto the Google Groups at http://groups.google.com/group/soapcraft?hl=en (click the link to be taken there). Login using your email address and password and you will see various options, like the pages and the discussion.

What browser do you use? Is it Internet Explorer? You can go to the File menu and go "open new window" and have more than one website open at a time. This may just confuse you - or it may help you understand. I'm not sure which just give it a try.

Cheeers
Alison

On 9/08/10 5:21 PM, Krystal Summer wrote:
Hi Alison,

I'm not sure if i'm still havin problems i'm getting mail okay but i'm still on hotmail and I cant see the google account.

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:09:22 +1200
From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soapcraft] Re: Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

Hi Marion

I just saw your email. Are you still having problems? Give me a call - you may not have the settings correct. 832 5528.

Cheers
Alison

On 6/08/10 6:45 PM, Marion P wrote:

    Alison,

    Thankyou for all your help.
    I havent received any emails yet though?

    Marion

    Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:24:10 +1200
    From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Hi Marion

    It shouldn't affect your msn account at all. MSN is a completely
    different thing.  Tell at which stage did it turn to custard?
    You get to a screen which tells you you need a Google account to
    access the group.
    You fill in the details including your email address.
    It asks you to make a new password and repeat that password. (This
    is not your old email password - this is a new one)
    and it asks if you want a gmail email address - which you can say
    no to.
    You could get a gmail address and never use it, addign your
    existing email to to the account and opting to use that to post.

    Cheers
    Alison

    On 6/08/10 5:01 PM, Marion P wrote:

        Hi Jan,

        Yes I did try but it wouldnt accept it and how would it affect
        my msn account?

        Marion

        From: jamar35@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jamar35@xxxxxxxxxx>
        To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:32:40 +1200

        Hi Marion
        This might sound like a dumb question, but did you open a
        google account before you tried to sign in?
        I am just using my normal e-mail address - mind you, is that a
        bit of a silly thing to do too, being google!
Pauline, that's a good question, hadn't thought about that! Shouldn't though should it??????????
        Jan

            Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:21:21 +1200
            From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            Subject: [soapcraft] Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

            I will start to move the current conversations over to the
            new group at around 10am this morning.  There are still
            some people who haven't signed up to our Google Group -
            but some of those emails are are address where you have
            chosen to use a different email for the new group - which
            is fine.

            Once you start seeing the threads in the new group reply
            to them and not the thread that is in freelists.  I can't
            just cut it off dead - so there is bound to be some
            confusion, just bear with us and be patient. :-)

            Email me directly at this orcon address if you have any
            queries or worries.

            Alison

            *Alison Griffiths*
            Alirat Website Design