[soapcraft] Re: Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

  • From: Krystal Summer <krystal1969summer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:03:43 +1200

Hi Alison,

Thankyou for that yes I have internet explorer and yes opening a new window
comes in handy, I will check out the google page.

But if i'm getting mail okay this way then maybe I wont need to go to the
google page unless I want to post a picture maybe?

Krystal

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:54:41 +1200
From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soapcraft] Re: Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

Hi Krystal

There are 2 ways of getting the list. One is by emails - which you are doing.
The other way, completely optional, is to log onto the Google Groups at
http://groups.google.com/group/soapcraft?hl=en  (click the link to be taken
there). Login using your email address and password and you will see various
options, like the pages and the discussion.

What browser do you use?  Is it Internet Explorer?  You can go to the File menu
and go "open new window" and have more than one website open at a time.  This
may just confuse you - or it may help you understand.  I'm not sure which just
give it a try.

Cheeers
Alison

On 9/08/10 5:21 PM, Krystal Summer wrote:

Hi Alison,

I'm not sure if i'm still havin problems i'm getting mail okay but i'm still on
hotmail and I cant see the google account.

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:09:22 +1200
From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Marion

I just saw your email.  Are you still having problems?  Give me a call - you
may not have the settings correct.  832 5528.

Cheers
Alison

On 6/08/10 6:45 PM, Marion P wrote:

Alison,

Thankyou for all your help.
I havent received any emails yet though?

Marion

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 17:24:10 +1200
From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Marion

It shouldn't affect your msn account at all. MSN is a completely different
thing.  Tell at which stage did it turn to custard?
You get to a screen which tells you you need a Google account to access the
group.
You fill in the details including your email address.
It asks you to make a new password and repeat that password. (This is not your
old email password - this is a new one)
and it asks if you want a gmail email address - which you can say no to.
You could get a gmail address and never use it, addign your existing email to
to the account and opting to use that to post.

Cheers
Alison

On 6/08/10 5:01 PM, Marion P wrote:

Hi Jan,

Yes I did try but it wouldnt accept it and how would it affect my msn account?

Marion

From: jamar35@xxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:32:40 +1200

Hi Marion

This might sound like a dumb question, but did you open a google account before
you tried to sign in?

I am just using my normal e-mail address - mind you, is that a bit of a silly
thing to do too, being google!

Pauline, that's a good question, hadn't thought about that!  Shouldn't though
should it??????????

Jan

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:21:21 +1200
From: alirat153@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: soapcraft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soapcraft] Hang onto your hats Ladies and Gentlemen

I will start to move the current conversations over to the new group at around
10am this morning.  There are still some people who haven't signed up to our
Google Group - but some of those emails are are address where you have chosen
to use a different email for the new group - which is fine.

Once you start seeing the threads in the new group reply to them and not the
thread that is in freelists.  I can't just cut it off dead - so there is bound
to be some confusion, just bear with us and be patient. :-)

Email me directly at this orcon address if you have any queries or worries.

Alison

--

Alison Griffiths
Alirat Website Design