[smee] Re: Tae Ew stuffage

  • From: Barry H <volleyne1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Haven't seen it drop for my groups, but they
> apparently DO drop in HoHonor
> and BoThunder with some degree of regularity (heck,
> I was in BoThunder
> when the Thunderous Drums of Karana dropped for
> someone; incredible bard
> drum). >

-- Well, those patterns would be great for any slot.
Hope you score some plate for yourself.  Not sure what
else is required for the quest after you have the
patterns.

> I would think they WOULD be more open to guests
> helping out on flagging
> raids, though, where the reward is open to pretty
> much anyone who attends
> the raid.

-- On some of their posts, they have talked about
teaming up with Dragon Council for PoP raids.  So, who
knows, they may be more accepting of help nowadays.

> Great pickup group last night in PoV--druid as
> healer, pally as tank,
> chanter as slower and then me, mage, ranger.  Nice
> to see nonstandard
> roles (usually cleric/war/shammy in the first 3
> slots), and nonstop
> pulling.  43 percent of an AA point left for fade!

It can be a lot of fun trying new tactics and non
standard groups.  We as SMEE need to be willing and
able to swap tactics on the fly based on who is in the
group and what kind of pull we get.

Actually been doing a little more research on some
mobs and we are going to have to start setting up some
different roles for our major mob fights.
Main Assist/Main Tank = We are all pretty comfy with
that one.

Second Assist/Peeler = Becomes MA if MA dies.  Also
responsible for picking up mob on pull (specially when
no CC or when mobs unmezzable or to numorous)
Sometimes known as ghetto mezzing or Tank mezzing
mobs.

Rampage Tank = There are some higher end mobs that
have the ability to rampage.  These mobs have 2 lists,
the agro list (which we all know and love) and the
rampage list.  The rampage list is set purely on order
in which agro is gained.  When a mob rampages, it does
its normal attack on person who currently has agro and
additional does a normal round of attacks on the
highest person on the rampage list (discounting the
person with current agro).

There is a lot more about rampage that I won't go
into, but just to get in idea.  All melee classes need
to be prepared to step into any of those roles
depending on how the battle is going and what chars
are there.

Just some thoughts on tanking.

bear

http://sbc.yahoo.com