[smee] Re: Tae Ew stuffage

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:23:17 -0600

> Aye that Vindi BP would be great for a few
> folks.....will never be SMEE able I think.

Actually, when/if everyone is 65, I hear he is possible for two groups.
But by the time everyone is 65, there will probably be better options.

> Have you
> actually seen any ornate patterns drop yet?  Now that
> would be amazing to have.  The ornate stuff is way
> beyond uber.

Haven't seen it drop for my groups, but they apparently DO drop in HoHonor
and BoThunder with some degree of regularity (heck, I was in BoThunder
when the Thunderous Drums of Karana dropped for someone; incredible bard
drum).  So those are possible.  But I'm not sure the breastplates drop in
tier 3 planes; those may only be elemental... but I'm not sure.  I had
thought there were to "tiers" of planar armor, but I'm not positive on the
makeup.  The 66 house in HoHonor (so named because every mob is L66) is
reported to drop both spectral parchments and ornate leather.  We'll see
what my success is in getting into any group that could do that.  I've
been to the 66 house once, but single pulls are VERY tough to do (since
the mobs are unlullable).

But yes, ornate is fantastic (heck, I think the bard boots are FT3).
Still, my best chance for a new BP is probably the plate cycle in Kael
(MAYBE), moktor (but I don't know if I could stand camping moktors again)
or maybe pickup NTOV raids.  Of course, if FA raids Vindi (like they're
doing tonight) and would ever dream of bringing on a pinch hitter bard and
letting them roll, then maybe I'd have a chance, but I doubt that would
happen.

I would think they WOULD be more open to guests helping out on flagging
raids, though, where the reward is open to pretty much anyone who attends
the raid.  So next time they hit Grummus, etc, that'd be great to do (if
they are even doing that now the planes are open).  I'm working on my
Aerin' Dar key as well (for Halls of Honor) and the Xanamech POI dragon
items too (for POI factory flag).  Also assembling the items for the
quested HoHonor key, which I think flags everyone in a group, so we can
get at least 6 of us flagged (I still need the heart of an agony mephit in
PoNightmare plus the chance that the combine will fail plus some questing
in PoJ).

Great pickup group last night in PoV--druid as healer, pally as tank,
chanter as slower and then me, mage, ranger.  Nice to see nonstandard
roles (usually cleric/war/shammy in the first 3 slots), and nonstop
pulling.  43 percent of an AA point left for fade!

-->VPutz