[smee] Re: Sunday

  • From: Victor Putz <vputz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:34:44 -0600 (MDT)

Well, my little mini-raid to PoHate had a TPW as well, with an easy
recovery... it was a brisk little "raid"--you know it's going to be a brisk
PoHate raid when there are only nine people, a bard is primary CC, a rogue
offers to tank when the MA has to leave, and until halfway through a shaman
was the primary healer--but we killed a lot of mobs, took down the Hand of
the Maestro (speedy little sucker!) and probably would have stayed there quite
a while if the young bard in the other group hadn't succumbed to a fear spell
and run screaming into the darkness, bringing several unmezzable (for me--
durn spell kept getting resisted!) mobs to kill us.  I got nothing out of it
except a percentage point of XP, a piece of iksar shaman nodrop armor (for
turn-in in PoK; no shammies in the raid so we just rolled), and a few more
friends to try and lean on next time the undead bard is up... (grin).

Dulak went pretty well, actually.  In fact, the only things that went bad
were an unfortunate repop during a pull and the fact that the mobs were
just a tough too high-level to get away with using my new AOE DOT/Slow as
a primary method of CC (so when things got bad, I couldn't mez...).

I've heard it's a very profitable zone cashwise, so I may return once I feel
safe into 62 (where I will stay for quite a while--at 63 the werewolves in
PoN go light blue, and besides the 62 songs are very good indeed... I'll
hit 63 once we need Fading Memories for pulling, but that won't be a while).

Bear--thanks to a passing woman selling metallic liquids at 4k, we now have
parts for five rings (hmm, they should write a book about that, or maybe a
legend...).  At some point during the week I'll need to call on Lili for
smithing, and then next time I see Josie on (or another GM jeweler, but she
did well in the past and at least has Jewelcraft Mastery 2) I'll get the
combines done.

Looking forward to this Sunday... let's have a plan further ahead of time
maybe (although Dulak was certainly fun!).  I was thinking TOFS (for Hak,
who wants some serious revenge) or maybe Kael or Fungus Grove.

-->VPutz