[sleafordbka] Re: Beekeeping

  • From: catherine sheen <catherinesheen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bee keepers assoc <sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:51:29 +0000

I think that that must be right Roy because you mentioned the fable in the
lesson last week.  Thanks for every one who has helped us with our homework
(including Cheshire BKA web site which has obviously been visited by more than
one of us!) Now for the other eight questions . . .

Catherine

From: roy.parker14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sleafordbka] Re: Beekeeping
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 21:06:34 +0100

Hi.Simon,

We welcome your enquiry, We are covering skep hives as part of the history of
beekeeping and I thank Martin for his valued help on this matter, I have also
found that " Burgonia " is of Greek origin meaning "ox birth" refering to the
mythical practice by which bees are produced from the carcasses of dead oxon,
(the Roman poet Virgil)
Look at the picture on your Tate&Lyle golden syrup tin. "Out of the strong came
forth sweetness"
Thanks for your help Simon.

Roy.

From: Roy <roy.parker14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [sleafordbka] Beekeeping
To: sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 14 May, 2011, 15:23

Hi. There,

Can someone out there with a beekeepers encyclopedia please answer these
questions?

1. What is a hackle?
2. What does burgonia mean?

These are questions from the section 4 in the Course In a Case. (History
questions)

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Roy.