[slackintosh-users] Re: creating isos from slackintosh-current

  • From: Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen <thorsten.johannvorderbrueggen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:08:26 +0200

Hello Adrian,

Adrian Ulrich wrote:

Have you tested it with another distri? --> I tested it with debian and ubuntu. Both said my Bootstrap-Partition is hda2, but Slackintosh says its hda4! Here's the plot of my (second) system:

The plot was from the other system, not the one i talked of.

No, hda2 is your boot-partition (or maybe the root-partition) for Ubuntu
hda4 is the bootpartition (root-partition, rootfs) of slackintosh.

hda2 --> Slackintosh-Devel (partion name: Ubuntu)

/dev/hda7 Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap 1600 @ 64 (800.0k) NewWorld bootblock
You see, that the bootstrap part is hda7 --> but it's the second partition!

hda7 *is* your bootstrap partiton.. hda7 is where yaboot is installed.

Bootsequence:

If you boot your Mac, the OpenFirmware will look for boot-device or
pickup the first Apple_Bootstrap partition and execute the code
on this partition (hda7): This starts yaboot ..

Yaboot then loads the kernel from hda4 (BOOT partition) and starts
linux.

What i want to say was, that hda7 (the bootstrap-partion) is not the "second" partition. Thats all!

Bye
 Thorsten

PS: I know, my english is bad!