[slackintosh-users] Re: creating isos from slackintosh-current

> Have you tested it with another distri? --> I tested it with debian and
> ubuntu. Both said my Bootstrap-Partition is hda2, but Slackintosh says
> its hda4! Here's the plot of my (second) system:

No, hda2 is your boot-partition (or maybe the root-partition) for Ubuntu
hda4 is the bootpartition (root-partition, rootfs) of slackintosh.

> /dev/hda7         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap               1600 @
> 64        (800.0k)  NewWorld bootblock
> You see, that the bootstrap part is hda7 --> but it's the second partition!

hda7 *is* your bootstrap partiton.. hda7 is where yaboot is installed.

Bootsequence:

If you boot your Mac, the OpenFirmware will look for boot-device or
pickup the first Apple_Bootstrap partition and execute the code
on this partition (hda7): This starts yaboot ..

Yaboot then loads the kernel from hda4 (BOOT partition) and starts
linux.
--
"Wow, I'm Dazzled!
These graphs are so pretty!"