[slackintosh-users] Re: creating isos from slackintosh-current

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 06:30:24 +0200

> How can I create an iso-image of slackintosh-current?

mkhybrid \
        -hfs-unlock -part -hfs -map $ISO_ROOT/iso/maps -no-desktop \
        -hfs-volid Slackintosh_10.2 -r -o $ISO_OUT $ISO_ROOT

hmount $ISO_OUT
hattrib -b :boot:
humount $ISO_OUT

..you can download a pre-created snapshot iso from:
 http://workaround.ch/pub/rsync/au/snapshot.iso

> By the way: How long I have to wait to get original iso-images of
> slackintosh 10.2? :)

1-2 weeks ..

> PS: I can boot now my Linux ;) It isn't required, that the
> Apple_Bootstrap-Partition is the first Partition after the map. On my
> system it's /dev/hda4 - and it works.

Yes, it doesn't have to be the first partition but it 'should' be the first
partition:
If something clears the nvram, OF boots the first bootable partiton found..
But you can always adjust the 'boot-device' parameter...

 -- Adrian