[sib-access] Re: writing score with some free music

  • From: saeed Mirzazadeh <saeedm19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:52:56 +0100

Ramy,
Now that you wrote it, it would be fine if you do a revision to the
time signature. I mean if you need just 100 beat instead of 126, set
it to 100/4. Than you will not need to hide any rest, because they
will either be automatically removed or appear in the next bar that
you can simply delete it. Make sure that you have re-write the time
signature for the next bar.
For removing a time signature, press alt+f2 and find the item you want
to delete, then tab once and press spacebar to select it, then press
delete or backspace key.
You can not hide just one barline as far as I know. But what I suppose
is that you may not need to hide any barline in this way.
About your free-time passage, I think it would be fine if you try to
care about the beams. The situation of beams will help the player or
singer to understand well the phrases if they are grouped in
significant way, and will be confusing in contrary way. For being very
precise, I have a suggestion, but in your case I propose that if the
smallest value of your free-time passage is 16th note for example,
when you are setting your time signature, set the beam address group
in a way that the beam of every 16th note is not attached to another
note beam. For this, you have to type in its relative box the number 1
as many as 16th note you may have in your bar, with a comma after each
instead of the last. You should do the same for 8th note, as it has
the beam too. This writing of course is fine for vocal part, and it's
better to group the beams according to the phrases for instrument.
If you are interested to know the other way of mine which is more
precise, let me know.
Regards,
Saeed