[sib-access] Re: Repeating a phrase from beginning to end.

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:38:33 -0700

James,

I think there's an actual notation to indicate repeat 4 bars that you can
put in each successive bar following the original first four. I think it's
the multiple-bar repeats that you alluded to in your earlier posting.

From a playback perspective, I think you need to use these so that Sibelius
plays back correctly.

However as a one-sighted musician I'd much prefer to see you use the second
scenario you suggested with the technique text as an instruction for the
player.

Who knows? The technique text may work in playback, as well.