[sib-access] Re: Follow-up

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 07:39:49 -0000

> I assume that in order to use the mid section insert key in stead of the
numpad insert key as the JAWS key, you have to choose laptop layout.  When I
tried using it as a method of not having to deal with the numlock key on my
desktop machine, I got the insert instruments dialog every time.  No big
deal.

Good point. JAWS+I is a laptop keystroke.

If you think that you'll want to use that keystroke a lot you could
reassigned the SayLine keystroke to JAWS+I in the keyboard manager. However,
this would mean that you'd have to use that keystroke in all other parts of
Sibelius.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk

    I made a mistake.  When you open the mixer window with CTRL ALT M, it is
not in focus.  However, pressing CTRL Windows tab once will put the mixer in
focus.  There after, all the commands work as advertised.  Brilliant!  This
was the thing I was hoping for most, so far.  I assume that in order to use
the mid section insert key in stead of the numpad insert key as the JAWS
key, you have to choose laptop layout.  When I tried using it as a method of
not having to deal with the numlock key on my desktop machine, I got the
insert instruments dialog every time.  No big deal.

this is jamming!
Kevin