[sib-access] Re: Cannot Switch Staves

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:31:38 -0700

Parham,

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were using the correct keystrokes. I read
your message too quickly.

If you do move up/down through your staves, you should be hearing the
selection you land on. If you land on a note, I would expect to hear the
pitch and duration of that note. If the name or instrument of the staff is
not being spoken, that may be due to other factors that I can't think of.

As to the instructions for sounds sets, I have all that down, but how do I
change one?

Let's say I already have Kontakt2 in my Sound Essentials 16 configuration
and the sound set is Sibelius Sounds Essentials. Now how do I edit this
configuration to create a new one that has GPO instead? I tried clicking on
the "Sibelius Sounds Essentials" in the table, to the right of Kontakt2  but
nothing seems to happen. Navigating in the Playback configuration dialog is
definitely difficult. I wonder if I should try to learn Hot Spot Clicker and
set up some scripts?