[SI-LIST] Re: uStrip question

  • From: "Bill Dempsey" <bdempsey85@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:49:52 -0600

Tom,

We have a set of rt angle calibration connectors that we use to cal out the
coax + connector effect.  These same "style" connectors (diff vendor) are
used as the souce/load connection point to the PCB.  They are of course
soldered to the PCB -- that is to say they are not pressed or held in place.

Did I answer your question?

One item of note -- the Smith chart is showing a mostly inductive tline.

As part of this evaluation I built 3 tlines per board: one straight-thru,
one with five 0402 custom sized packages with the terminals shorted, and one
with five 0603 packages...

Interestingly the the tline with the 0603 pads (additional capacitance) has
much better performance (about 2.3dB loss vs. 6.5dB).

Bill