[SI-LIST] return path

  • From: upender a <upender_ug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 03:06:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear Experts,
I have the following basic doubts.I have a four layer board with stack S-G-P-S
I placed a clock source at the Right top corner and the and the and the slave
device at the left hand bottom.
If I route a clock trace  in "L"  shape(Of course orthogonality has been
avoided ).
will the return curren takes the same "L "shape?
 , Or will it takes the shortest path along the diagonal of the board?
Again if I route the clock vertically in the top layer(where the reference is
ground)then the jump to bottom layer where the reference is power plane ,
in this case where the return current flows, still it takes the same "L" shape?

If i need to connect the clock to two destinations , can i go for a T
connection in top and bottom layers.

Can you provide a qualitative reference in any website.

Thanks and Regards
Ananthoju

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org